We are hiring!
The Collections Attorney manages/resolves collection litigation; provides legal support for the collections litigation business unit; oversees or interacts with outside collections/defense counsel; provides legal advice in connection with the company’s business operations; supports corporate compliance with laws and regulations governing debt collection and related activities; conducts legal research; and, assists with special projects as required.
- Manage special projects for Internal Legal or Legal Outsourcing.
- Create, review, direct and resolve collection litigation matters cost-effectively by working with business clients and legal support staff.
- Determine appropriate settlements to encourage financial recovery.
- Maintain and enhance company reputation with courts, vendors, and outside counsel.
- Manage exposure.
- Negotiate with opposing counsel, conduct discovery and respond to discovery and prepare and attend hearings and trials.
- Provide legal advice to company to support compliance with federal, state and local laws relating to debt recovery.
Qualifications and Education:
Required: JD degree from an accredited law school. Minimum 1 year of experience with collections as an attorney. Bar admission in NY or NJ.
Preferred: 5+ years of experience with collections as an attorney is a plus. Addition bar admissions a plus.
Send us your CV to email@example.com